Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wednesday, January 19th, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be out of the classroom tomorrow for "Writer's Workshop" training.  I am very excited to learn more about this approach to writing. My meeting is in the building if anyone needs to reach me.

Language Arts:
  • Today we took a quiz on moodle on the story, Happy Birthday, Dr. King.
  • We also worked on our cursive and started the vocabulary for our next story in our anthology.

  • Homework:
  • Reading to Waikiki slip due on Monday, January 24th
  • Biography work due on Tuesday, January 25th
  • Have a chapter book in school
  • Paragraph practice due on Tuesday, February 1st.

Math:
3rd Grade:
  • Took test
  • Study facts

4th Grade:
  • Unit 6 test on Friday
  • Angles project due on Friday, January 28th
  • Study math facts.

Social Studies:
  • No class today!
Science:
  • Continued working on our life cycles unit and completed our wiki pages.
Reminders:
·         Swim on Thursday
·         Get planners signed