Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday, October 7th, 2010

I just wanted to let you know that I will be out on Monday for a meeting on State Curriculum Standards with a team from BCS. I hope to be able to check my email during the meeting. If not I will get back to you in the evening or on Tuesday morning. Also, the MEAP test starts next week. Please make sure your child has a chapter book to read in class when they are done testing.

Language Arts:
• We took a quiz on the story Marvin of the Great North Woods
• We also completed writing a newspaper article on tornadoes in 1974.

Homework:
• Read nightly
• Have a chapter book in school
• Reading Log response on Wiki for week of Oct 4th. This is due on Monday.

Math:
3rd Grade: HL 2.3

4th Grade:
• All of lesson 2.9 in journal and studylink. There are 6 pages total that needed to be completed.
• Geo-Museum due on October 11th

Science:
We experimented with the pitch/vibrations using rulers.
Homework
  • Sound Worksheets due on MONDAY

Reminders:
• Field trip money due on Thursday
• 3/4 Coney Night October 15th
• Get planners signed
• NO SCHOOL on FRIDAY
• MEAP begins next week. We will be testing on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. The children need to have chapters books in school.
• We start SWIM next Tuesday